Saturday, November 28, 2009

Taylor Swift Lifestyle

So Taylor Swift is a pretty popular singer/songwriter these days. As a Classical music junkie she wouldn't be my first choice in comparison to Gustav Mahler or Claude Debussy, or Mozart for that matter, but when you want to sing along to something that isn't in German or Italian it's a pretty good choice.

As pleasant as her songs are, they are all about the same thing - as are multiple artists' songs these days - girls meets boy, girl likes boy, boy doesn't notice girl, and girl is sad until boy notices her. Or they've broken up and life is tres sad. Of course, the first notion is something the majority of today's girls can relate to. Sadly for myself, I can relate to the second and first notion all within the same time frame.

My boyfriend of would-be-3 years broke up with me last week. It was a long time coming so there really isn't any lingering sadness there, but at the same time, this upcoming Sunday would have been our 3-year-anniversary, so I have a feeling that it will be a pretty lonely day. Of course, at the same time, I have a fondness for one of my guy friends, who doesn't seem to reciprocate my affection. Or at least makes it very difficult to remark whether or not he does.

So this post is about Taylor Swift and how unfortunate it is to relate to her teeny-bopper songs when I am about to turn 22 in a few months. Grr, I thought I was over this and well beyond this stupid faze, but apparently not. It makes me want to write my own love-story-crap, but of course as an advocate for (what has now been deemed) "Classical" music, I think I would rather committ suicide than succumb to that.

On a more positive note, my current favourite composer to be listening to is Sir Edward Elgar. LOVE does not describe how I feel about his music. When you listen to well-composed music, it's like being in love, but it's much more liberating and full of passion. If I can feel this way in listening to music, who needs love? Of course, music lacks to evoke the same physical responses of course, but at least it's less disappointing than love.

My alternative-folk composer to listen to is Fiest. "Let it Die" is the song of the day.

Give yourself some love,
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment